Over 25 Years Of Community Service
The Rotary Chinook Club Of Calgary
Rotary Chinook is a Rotary Club of Calgary, Alberta. Our club supports local community programs and international Rotary initiatives. Our club has been around since 1977, working to support a better Calgary and global community. The Rotary Club of Calgary Chinook Nature Park in SE Calgary is our highest profile project. This 40+ acre natural area in an urban setting is enjoyed by many Calgarians and used by school and educational groups.
The Rotary Club of Calgary Chinook was admitted to membership in Rotary International on March 14th, 1977. At a special ceremony held at the Palliser Hotel on April 12th, 1977, presentation of the Charter was made by District Governor Harold Allen to Charter President Greg McLellan. There were thirty Charter Members at the time of admission to Rotary International. Three additional Members were added to the Club during that evening event. The Rotary Club of Calgary Chinook became the 49th Club in District 5360.
- Continuing financial and manpower contributions to special needs programs in areas of significant deprivation and need.
- Participation in Rotary International Youth Exchange Program (Inbound & Outbound).
- Support for significant Rotary International programs such as Polio Plus, Shelter Box, etc.
- Raise a significant level of funds raised utilized for International Service projects.
- Individual member contributions to the Rotary International Foundation
- Educational Partnership with Fairview School
- Support for Interact Clubs at two Calgary schools
- Special equipment needs sponsor for various hospitals, including Rocky View, Baker Cancer laboratory, and Calgary Childrens’ Hospital
- Rotary Challenger Park Supporter
- Wildlands Park in Calgary
- Rotary/Mattamy Greenway Supporter
- Seniors’ Christmas Luncheon
What Our Members Have To Say
Joining Chinook Rotary has been a tremendous and rewarding opportunity for me. Both Personally and Professionally. The principles and values of Rotary fit into my daily life while giving me great fulfillment. The friends made within Chinook Rotary, have helped me in personal growth and business. The fulfillment of volunteering and touching others, within the club is a true gift, which comes with gratitude.
I am a born and raised Calgarian and have always heard good things about the work Rotary does but I didn’t really know that much about who they are or what exactly they do. I joined the Rotary Club of Calgary Chinook 2 ½ years ago because I was looking for a way to give back to my community while meeting new people and hopefully, building some business connections along the way. I take great pride in the projects we support, the friendships I have made and most off all, being able to call myself a Rotarian.